Last Updated On: 24th April 2018
QuickTime is the proprietary video format of Apple and QuickTime Player is its official player. The latest version of this software, Version 7.7.9. It adds security updates and therefore is highly recommended for all QuickTime 7 users on Windows. QuickTime Player features advanced video compression technology called H.264. It streams HD video using a lot less bandwidth and storage. The software can play all the major formats used on the Web, including Real, Windows Media, QuickTime MPEG-4, MP3, etc. It can automatically assess your system’s connection speed and thereafter determine the highest quality for the bandwidth on offer.
QuickTime Media Player- Advanced Media Player with Advanced Media Technology
QuickTime Media Player supports a simple and clean user interface which makes multimedia even more enjoyable. It controls to set playback from 1/2x to 5x, the normal speed and search through individual movie frames. There are many Third-party plug-ins available to extend QuickTime functionality beyond existing features. It lets you cut, copy and paste clips, merge audio and video tracks and Save QuickTime movies from the web. It features advanced video compression technology called H.264 to deliver brilliant, crisp HD video which uses less storage and bandwidth. A point to be noted is that the QuickTime web browser plug-in is no longer installed by default but can be manually using a custom set up option in the installer.
Key Features of QuickTime Player 7.7.9 includes:
- Support for MPEG-4 video, AAC audio & Instant-On media.
- Enhanced interface with easy to use controls.
- Support for H.264 video playback
- Slick and easy to use and Integrated with OS X
- Automatic configuration to resume playback.
- Search by frame and a clean user interface.
- Support for VR and Interactive content.
- It also supports surround sound.
- Zero-Configuration streaming based upon the connection speed and bandwidth.
- Access to the largest downloading network.
- Convert files to different formats and stream Media across the Internet using Pro Version.
- Multi-channel audio playback.
- Bass, treble Balance control.
- Live resize which enables smooth playback while user changes Player window.
System Requirements for QuickTime Media Player
- Windows Vista/7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- A PC with at least a 1 GHz Intel or AMD processor
- At least 512 MB of RAM
Click the download button in order to download QuickTime Media Player on your Windows PC or Laptop.