QuickTime is the proprietary video format of Apple and QuickTime Player is its official player for it. The latest Update to this software, Version 7.7.9 adds security updates and therefore is highly recommended for all QuickTime 7 users on Windows. QuickTime Player features advanced video compression technology called H.264 which streams HD video using a lot less bandwidth and storage. It can play all the major formats used on the Web, including Real, Windows Media, QuickTime MPEG-4, MP3, as well as the secure versions of these formats used by online media stores. It can automatically assess your system’s connection speed and thereafter determine the highest quality for the bandwidth on offer.
QuickTime Media Player- Advanced Media Player with Advanced Media Technology
QuickTime Media Player sports a simple and clean user interface which makes multimedia even more enjoyable. Featuring advanced features, it is one of the best Multimedia players one can use. It features controls to set playback from 1/2x to 5x the normal speed and search through individual movie frames. There are many Third-party plug-ins available to extend QuickTime functionality beyond existing features. It lets you cut, copy and paste clips, merge audio and video tracks and Save QuickTime movies from the web. It features advanced video compression technology called H.264 to deliver brilliant, crisp HD video which uses less storage and bandwidth. A point to be noted is that the QuickTime web browser plug-in is no longer installed by default but can be manually using custom set up option in the installer.
Key Features of QuickTime Player 7.7.9 includes:
- Support for MPEG-4 video, AAC audio & Instant-On media.
- Enhanced interface with easy to use controls.
- Support for H.264 video playback
- Slick and easy to use and Integrated with OS X
- Automatic configuration to resume playback.
- Search by frame and a clean user interface.
- Support for VR and Interactive content.
- Support for surround sound.
- Zero-Configuration streaming based upon the connection speed and bandwidth.
- Access to the largest downloading network.
- Convert files to different formats and stream Media across Internet using Pro Version.
- Multi-channel audio playback.
- Bass, treble Balance control.
- Live resize which enables smooth playback while user changes Player window.
System Requirements for QuickTime Media Player
Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
A PC with at least a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor
At least 512MB of RAM